Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Specific Substance in Broccoli that is Responsible for Hearth Health is Identified


(pictured: Broccoli Bisque)

Sulforaphane, the compound that is thought to protect against cancer, has now been identified as protecting arteries from becoming inflamed and beginning to develop atherosclerosis. Now we have even more reasons to eat broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, arugula, bok choy and all the other cruciferous vegetables.

It seems as though every few days there is a new study that has identified the health benefits of eating more vegetables and fruit. I always find it reassuring to know that I am doing the best for my family and I like to be able to point to the health benefits for various foods when asked. And yes, my husband does ask often. He thinks I am his walking encyclopaedia of nutrition facts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails